Your Privacy Rights
Last Updated April 1, 2022
Information we collect about you
What is Personal Data. We may collect personal information from you in a range of forms that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
1. Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and other personally identifiable information.
2. Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other TSM businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
• Deliver the products and services that you have requested.
• Manage your account and provide you with customer support.
• Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content,
• Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters, promotional offers, sweepstakes, customer feedback surveys, and other relevant legal notifications about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliates, our partners or third parties;
• Communicate with you via phone or email with regard to partially completed service requests.
• Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites.
• Perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties or service professionals.
• Manage our business; or
• Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information for Service Professionals
For service professionals, we may use financial or payment method information to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify you to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With Whom We Share Your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
• Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through www.HomeAppointments.com or performing background checks of service professionals. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Marketing affiliates: When you are referred to us via a third-party marketing affiliate, we may share your email address, and other information that you provide, to such marketing affiliate.
• Service professionals: We match your information and service request against our list of service professionals. When you submit a service request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the service professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with service professionals allows them to contact you using the email address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own service professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them, subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions, in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If you use our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, we may share your service request activity information with such partner. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due service professional accounts.
• Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through www.HomeAppointments.com or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other contact information to that merchant.
• Direct mail partners: From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
• Other Situations: We also may disclose your information:
In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce www.HomeAppointments.com terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How you can access your information
If you have an online consumer account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
• At any time, a consumer user can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by accessing your user account and opting out. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
For our Canadian users:
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access:
• When denial of access is required by law
• When granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy
• To protect our Company’s rights and property; or
• Where the request if frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will explain why.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties and the IAC companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
1. the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
2. the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
3. if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
Mobile Device IDs: If you’re using an app, we use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our apps. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted. Ad companies use device IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage. We share device IDs with service providers who power certain features, such as voice recognition.
Do Not Call Policy:
Home Appointments has adopted and adheres to policies that comply with applicable Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission and State laws/regulations
If you do not want to receive non-informational calls from us, you can ask us to place your telephone number(s) on our Internal Do Not Call List by:
Sending a written request to us at CNL Solutions Group LLC, 9820 Northcross Center Court, Suite 7, Huntersville, NC 28078, Emailing us at email@example.com, or Calling us at 1-704-728-8950.
Your request must include, at minimum, your telephone number and name. If you have multiple telephone numbers, please be sure to include all numbers that you would like included on our Do-Not-Call list in your request. Any phone call, e-mail or any other form of communication used to confirm receipt of your Do-Not-Call request will not be deemed to have violated this policy. Your request will be honored within thirty (30) days of the request in compliance with federal and state laws. You can request, and we will provide, a copy of our Internal Do Not Call Policy by contacting us in accordance with one of the foregoing methods and making such request.
Most Do-Not-Call laws allow businesses and other entities to make telephone solicitations to certain consumers regardless if their number may appear on a Do-Not-Call list. Generally, these exceptions apply to (1) businesses with an “Established Business Relationship” with the consumer; (2) a consumer who has specifically consented to allow the business to call them; (3) charitable organizations; and (4) political entities. Home Appointments may contact consumers that fall within these exceptions based on information received from each client.